The 2.2.10 version of the flexVDI client for Linux and Live USB comes with improved support for audio devices. Audio is now handled through the PulseAudio deamon instead of Alsa, which gives the user better control over the audio capabilities of his or her virtual desktop. Both input and output is fully functional, with volume control. Enjoy it!
Version 2.2.9 of flexVDI Client for Linux introduces very few changes. The main one is a fix for a race condition that could potentially crash the client. However, it comes together with version 2.2.9 of flexVDI Live USB Client. From now on, both clients will be released at the same time, due to their obvious connection (that is why we skipped version 2.2.8 of the Live USB Client).
This new version of the flexVDI Live USB Client is based on Porteus 3.2. From the user’s experience point of view, little has changed, besides including all the new features of the flexVDI Client for Linux since version 2.2.7. However, Porteus 3.2 comes with much better hardware support and up-to-date software, so there should be less compatibility issues.
Version 2.2.8 of flexVDI Client for Linux comes with many new features and improvements. The main one is that the client is now bundled as an AppImage. As soon as you download it, it is ready to run. No need to install it, just put it into your PATH and give it execution permission. Portability has also been improved, since most dependencies are already included in the bundle. The only additional dependencies needed are the X11 and ALSA libraries.
Other relevant changes from 2.2.7:
- FLEXVDI-1876: Improved UI flow: The user can navigate back and forth between the credentials form and the manager configuration form.
- FLEXVDI-1952: Show inactivity timeout warning: As the inactivity timeout is about to expire, the client shows a warning message to the user.
- FLEXVDI-1968: Sort desktops alphabetically.
- FLEXVDI-1965: The manager entered in the configuration form is saved to the configuration file on exit.
- FLEXVDI-1978: Allow full keyboard navigation through UI.
We’ve just released flexVDI Dashboard 2.2.12.
It enables configuring a new feature in Desktop Policicy Security Attributes, that enables flexVDI guest machines to be accessed simultaneously by several different clients (requires flexVDI Agent 2.2.29 and flexVDI Manager 2.2.26).
As always, you can download the latest installer, from flexvdi.com
We’ve just released version 2.2.7 of flexVDI Client for Linux. As with the client for Windows, the main change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes. Besides, it is the first flexVDI client to be based on Spice-GTK v0.29, and includes several stability improvements.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.6:
- FLEXVDI-1869: Support Desktop Policy Security Attributes: hide UI elements and functionality of those features that have been disabled by the Desktop Policy.
- FLEXVDI-1923: FIX: flexVDI Client for Linux closes unexpectedly when using WebSockets.
- FLEXVDI-1940: FIX: flexVDI Client for Linux loses the input channel when using WebSockets with PING messages.
- Update Spice-GTK from v0.28 to v0.29.
We’ve released flexVDI Dashboard 2.2.11.
The most important improvement is the support for viewing and editing Desktop Policicy Security Attributes (requires flexVDI Agent 2.2.28 and flexVDI Manager 2.2.25). It also corrects some minor flaws:
- FLEXVDI-1856: Include latest console viewer in Linux version which solves caps-lock switching quickly.
- FLEXVDI-1486: Host list is shown truncated when it is long.
- FLEXVDI-1204: Wrong list of network devices in Guest creatino wizard after moving back and forth through the wizard.
- FLEXVDI-1867: Support Desktop Policy attributes.
You can download the latest installer, from flexvdi.com
We’ve just released version 2.2.39 of flexVDI Client. The main change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes, in addition to minor improvements.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.39:
- FLEXVDI-1868: Honour Desktop Policicy Security Attributes: hide options from the GUI that are not available according to the current security policy.
- FLEXVDI-1892: Improve crash reporting information.
- FLEXVDI-1889: Disabling “paste from guest to client” and enabling “paste from client to guest” at the same time does not work.
You can download the latest installer from flexvdi.com
We’ve just released version 2.2.28 of flexVDI Agent. The biggest change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes, in addition to minor bug fixes.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.27:
- FLEXVDI-1682: Don’t disable PS/2 keyboard, even if not needed. Windows 7 hangs on reboot without it
- FLEXVDI-1852: By default, disable physical disk monitor
- FLEXVDI-1865: Implement support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes
You can update to the latest Agent version, by running flexvdi-config and selecting Update.
We’ve just released version 2.2.25 of flexVDI Manager. The biggest change in this version is the addition of Security Attributes as an extension of Desktop Policy. This allows you to selectively disable some features (USB redirection, Copy&Paste, Power Events…) on your VDI Desktops, to increase the security and isolation of every Guest.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.22:
- FLEXVDI-1520: Add a new CPU emulation mode (AMD Opteron_G6)
- FLEXVDI-1523: Allow to choose between PS/2 and USB keyboard mode
- FLEXVDI-1827: Detect when an Active Directory account password has expired, and let it login to change password
- FLEXVDI-1865: Implement support for Security Attributes on Desktop Policy
You can update to the latest Manager version, by running flexvdi-config and selecting Manager->Upgrade.