Version 2.2.8 of flexVDI Client for Linux comes with many new features and improvements. The main one is that the client is now bundled as an AppImage. As soon as you download it, it is ready to run. No need to install it, just put it into your PATH and give it execution permission. Portability has also been improved, since most dependencies are already included in the bundle. The only additional dependencies needed are the X11 and ALSA libraries.
Other relevant changes from 2.2.7:
- FLEXVDI-1876: Improved UI flow: The user can navigate back and forth between the credentials form and the manager configuration form.
- FLEXVDI-1952: Show inactivity timeout warning: As the inactivity timeout is about to expire, the client shows a warning message to the user.
- FLEXVDI-1968: Sort desktops alphabetically.
- FLEXVDI-1965: The manager entered in the configuration form is saved to the configuration file on exit.
- FLEXVDI-1978: Allow full keyboard navigation through UI.