We’ve just released version 2.2.7 of flexVDI Client for Linux. As with the client for Windows, the main change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes. Besides, it is the first flexVDI client to be based on Spice-GTK v0.29, and includes several stability improvements.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.6:
- FLEXVDI-1869: Support Desktop Policy Security Attributes: hide UI elements and functionality of those features that have been disabled by the Desktop Policy.
- FLEXVDI-1923: FIX: flexVDI Client for Linux closes unexpectedly when using WebSockets.
- FLEXVDI-1940: FIX: flexVDI Client for Linux loses the input channel when using WebSockets with PING messages.
- Update Spice-GTK from v0.28 to v0.29.
We’ve released flexVDI Dashboard 2.2.11.
The most important improvement is the support for viewing and editing Desktop Policicy Security Attributes (requires flexVDI Agent 2.2.28 and flexVDI Manager 2.2.25). It also corrects some minor flaws:
- FLEXVDI-1856: Include latest console viewer in Linux version which solves caps-lock switching quickly.
- FLEXVDI-1486: Host list is shown truncated when it is long.
- FLEXVDI-1204: Wrong list of network devices in Guest creatino wizard after moving back and forth through the wizard.
- FLEXVDI-1867: Support Desktop Policy attributes.
You can download the latest installer, from flexvdi.com
We’ve just released version 2.2.39 of flexVDI Client. The main change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes, in addition to minor improvements.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.39:
- FLEXVDI-1868: Honour Desktop Policicy Security Attributes: hide options from the GUI that are not available according to the current security policy.
- FLEXVDI-1892: Improve crash reporting information.
- FLEXVDI-1889: Disabling “paste from guest to client” and enabling “paste from client to guest” at the same time does not work.
You can download the latest installer from flexvdi.com
We’ve just released version 2.2.28 of flexVDI Agent. The biggest change in this version is the support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes, in addition to minor bug fixes.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.27:
- FLEXVDI-1682: Don’t disable PS/2 keyboard, even if not needed. Windows 7 hangs on reboot without it
- FLEXVDI-1852: By default, disable physical disk monitor
- FLEXVDI-1865: Implement support for applying Desktop Policy Security Attributes
You can update to the latest Agent version, by running flexvdi-config and selecting Update.
We’ve just released version 2.2.25 of flexVDI Manager. The biggest change in this version is the addition of Security Attributes as an extension of Desktop Policy. This allows you to selectively disable some features (USB redirection, Copy&Paste, Power Events…) on your VDI Desktops, to increase the security and isolation of every Guest.
Most relevant changes from 2.2.22:
FLEXVDI-1520: Add a new CPU emulation mode (AMD Opteron_G6)
FLEXVDI-1523: Allow to choose between PS/2 and USB keyboard mode
FLEXVDI-1827: Detect when an Active Directory account password has expired, and let it login to change password
FLEXVDI-1865: Implement support for Security Attributes on Desktop Policy
You can update to the latest Manager version, by running flexvdi-config and selecting Manager->Upgrade.